Inktrap is an independent design studio based in London with clients ranging from ambitious startups to multinational businesses. We're currently looking for an enthusiastic front-end developer to join our in-house team at our studio in Shoreditch.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative process, supportive environment and practical approach. Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about creating quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
As a front-end developer at Inktrap you'll work together with other developers to build a wide range of different products. You'll also determine the direction for our internal tools, and help junior team members improve their code. Day-to-day you'll be:
- Developing web apps and design systems using modern front-end technologies
- Pairing up with junior team members to review code and provide constructive feedback
- Experimenting with new tools and techniques to keep our process and in-house tools up-to-date
- Working closely with our design team to ensure what we're building is practical and beautiful
Our tech stack varies depending on the client and product but we normally use Sass, BEM, ES6, Babel, React, Gatsby, Gulp, Twig, HTML5, Craft CMS and Git, as well as our own in-house tools, Baseline and Glyph.
We’re looking for a knowledgeable and practical developer who meets the following requirements. We welcome applications from a diverse range of developers from all backgrounds.
- At least 2 years experience, ideally in an agency or startup environment
- Passionate about writing clean, modular and reusable code
- Always learning and challenging their own thinking
- Excellent at communicating their decisions and process
- Eligible to work in the UK and happy to work from our studio in Shoreditch (not remote)
Working as part of the Inktrap team, you can expect:
- £35–48k, dependent on skills and experience
- Friendly and supportive environment
- 25+ days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Work/life balance – we don't do overtime!
- Up-to-date Mac with admin rights, and any other equipment you need
- Investment in your development with conferences, books and resources
- Posh coffee and fridge full of free drinks and snacks
- Varied work on a wide range of interesting projects
- Weekly team lunch and regular social events
You can find out more about life at Inktrap at inktrap.co.uk/jobs