Digital Product Designer (Student Placement)
Inktrap is an independent design studio based in London with clients ranging from ambitious startups to multinational businesses. We're currently looking for a motivated student to join our team for a 12 month placement starting in June/July 2019.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative process, supportive environment and practical approach. Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about delivering quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
As a placement student at Inktrap you'll learn about each aspect of our process by working as part of our design team to deliver beautiful and practical UX and UI designs. Day-to-day you'll be:
- Sketching out wireframes, screen maps and user flows with clients and the team
- Designing beautiful and practical user interfaces for websites and apps
- Creating interactive prototypes to demonstrate your designs and test them with users
- Working closely with our development team to ensure that designs are implemented to a high standard
We welcome applications from a diverse range of students from all backgrounds. There isn't a list of required qualifications or skills, but you do need to undertaking a relevant degree at a UK university and looking for a 12 month placement. You'll also need to be eligible to work in the UK and happy to work from our studio in Shoreditch (not remote).
Our ideal placement student is:
- Adaptable and always looking to learn things
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of foundational design concepts
- Motivated and enthusiastic about their work
- Collaborative and friendly, with tons of initiative
- Interested in technology as well as creativity
At Inktrap we treat placement students like anyone else on the team. You'll have the opportunity to develop your skills by working on real projects for real clients in a small, supportive and friendly team.
Working as part of the Inktrap team, you can expect:
- £16-21k, dependent on experience
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Lots of collaboration with like-minded people and clients
- Varied work on a wide range of interesting projects
- Work/life balance – we don't do unpaid overtime!
- Social events and weekly team lunch
- Sparkling new iMac and any other equipment you need
- Posh coffee and fridge full of free drinks and snacks
You can find out more about life at Inktrap at inktrap.co.uk/jobs
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!